28 Sep Smurfs Karts steps on the gas in its first gameplay trailer
Also check out the game’s ‘Turbo’ retail edition
Paris, September 28th, 2022 – Publisher Microids and IMPS, the Smurfs world license holder, are thrilled to reveal the first trailer for their highly anticipated upcoming kart-racing game, Smurfs Kart, and what fans can expect from upgraded Turbo Edition. The game is being developed by Eden Games, well-known for their iconic racing games (Gear.Club Unlimited, Test Drive Unlimited, V-Rally), and will launch on Nintendo Switch on November 15th, 2022.
The brand new trailer welcomes players to the Smurfs Racing School with an introduction to the basics of Smurfs driving!
- Lesson #1: A good start is the best way to get ahead in the race! Hit the gas at the right time to get an advantageous speed boost.
- Lesson #2: Drifting allows you to race through the trickiest turns, and even gives you a speed boost!
- Lesson #3: Know the tracks and you will be unbeatable! Use the ramps, discover all the shortcuts, and drive on the boost areas to take the lead on your opponents.
- Lesson #4: Make the best use of the items you collect along the way! Acorns are Smurf-busting missiles, Sarsaparilla gives you a speed boost, and protective bubbles make you temporarily invulnerable. Best of all, each Smurf has their own special item to get rid of opponents in a unique way!
Check out what’s included in the retail Turbo Edition, already available for pre-order!
The “Turbo Edition” includes:
- The game
- An embroidered Papa Smurf patch
- 2 sticker sheets
- 12 tracks set in the Smurfs’ universe: The village, the forest, the dam, the swamps… even Gargamel’s house!
- 12 iconic playable Smurfs: Handy, Hefty, Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Jokey… choose your favorite Smurf and get ready for the race! Each Smurf has their own kart and a very handy special item to help you breeze past your opponents.
- Reach 1st place by using the world around you: Bonus items, boosts, ramps, destructible boxes, shortcuts and more!
- Smurf together: Play solo or with family and friends, with support for up to 4 players in split-screen local multiplayer!
- “Time Challenge” mode: Try to beat every Smurf at their own racetrack and reach the top of the online leaderboard with your best time!
- Unlock original bonuses as you play and try to Smurf them all in your personal album!