18 Oct Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition coming of November
Pre-orders for physical Day One & Collector’s Editions now open
Paris, France & Emeryville, California – October 18, 2021 – Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants are excited to announce Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition, an action-adventure platformer that will be available by the end of November 2021 to all Xbox and PlayStation consoles and Epic Games Store. As the name states, it is enhanced and you will experience improved gameplay mechanics and motion code, as well as all previously released updates.
Two new platforms were added: Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One to the already existing platforms (PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, and Epic Games Store).
What’s That About Pre-Orders?
The Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One Collector Edition and Day One Edition physical versions of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition will be available for pre-order beginning today. Fans who pre-order the Day One Edition or Collector’s Edition at participating retailers will also get access to the game’s Original Soundtrack and a Digital Artbook.
The Day One Oddition features the game in a collectible metal case.
The Collector’s Oddition consists of:
- A Unique Collector’s Box
- Oddworld: Soulstorm’s standard edition
- A collectible metal case
- An exclusive 9-inch (22 cm) figurine of Abe, Mudokon hero
- A premium 160-page artbook by Pix’n Love Publishing
- An exclusive Mining Company keychain
- Three art prints
- Ancient Mudokon Tribal stickers
- Abe’s hand tattoo
- Explosive Action-Adventure Platformer: Evolving the platforming genre by adding RPG-lite elements with player agency to play as you like, whether aggressively or passively. Pickpocket your enemies, loot lockers, sift through trash cans, and find hidden areas to acquire resources. Exchange resources at vending machines to get products that give you more agency in how you chose to conquer the game’s many challenges. Acquire recipes to craft tools and weapons to use against opposing forces or solve problems. Arm your followers and watch the revolution begin.
- Epicness: This isn’t a traditional 2D side scrolling platformer. Soulstorm is a 2.9D action-adventure platformer with 15 hours of gameplay, and dozens more for achievement hunters and perfectionists. Epic environments with massive scale to explore by going into the world, rather than being limited to the traditional side scrolling platformer sense.
- Start a Revolution: A dark storyline with a twisted sense of humor that shines a light on the ironies that exist in the human condition. As a slave to big business, a cog in the corporate machine being grinded to death, Abe tries to save them all and along the way he goes from a nobody to potentially starting a global revolution.
- Completionists: Can you save every single Mudokon in the game (there are more than 1,000)? Can you achieve the best ending and unlock the final two playable levels? Can you scavenge every trash can and locker, kill or safely apprehend every antagonist, find every hidden area, collect every jelly? 3+m players have had the opportunity to do it…will you be the first to do it on Xbox?
- Multiple Endings: Soulstorm has 15 levels, with two additional unlockable levels at the end of the game. There are 4 types of endings in the game, each depending on your Quarma. At the end of each individual level, you receive a Quarma score, which is based on the number of Mudokons you save. If you succeed in saving enough Mudokons throughout all the levels, you’ll get one of the good endings. But beware: if your Quarma score isn’t high enough, you’ll get a more… dire fate!