24 Jan Empire of the Ants, the video game based on the Bernard Werber’s best seller novel, unveils itself
Microids is delighted to unveil the first images for the video game Empire of the Ants, based on the Bernard Werber’s eponymous best-seller.
Developed by the French studio Tower Five with Unreal Engine 5, the video game Empire of the Ants will offer a strategic experience close to the books’ series. Players will dive into the universe of the ants to live an epic adventure where they will have to help a colony prosper through tactical and strategical battles, in a microscopic world of epic proportions. Exploration, strategy planning, combat skills, but most of all, setting up local wildlife alliances will be necessary in order to emerge victorious from the many challenges awaiting.
«TAKE PART TO THE EXODUS FROM THE DOOMED AND LOST COLONY»
Bernard Werber’s novel has captivated millions of readers with its fascinating universe and its reflections on human nature. We are very proud to offer gamers the opportunity to discover this universe from a new perspective, through this video game adaptation.
About Empire of the Ants:
- Take part to an Epic Adventure: Endorse the role of a brave ant, with a 3rd person view and explore unique abilities that can help you in battle and exploration.
- A 3D Real-Time Strategic game with progressive difficulty: The game promises an intuitive experience for newcomers, with the presence of tutorials to learn the fundamentals of RTS. The game will also offer a scalable difficulty and adaptable experience for veteran players who will discover new game mechanics as well as advanced strategies and combat skills.
- Explore gorgeous environments and meet the local wildlife: The game will feature a photo-realistic forest to explore. Meet, encounter and interact with other ants as well as forest dwellers through your adventure.
- Photo-realistic: Unreal Engine 5 allows to push the boundaries of the photo-realistic effect on the plants and wildlife.
- Narrative based on the seasons rhythm: The game features a narrative that follows the rhythm of the seasons, to which environments and gameplay mechanics will adapt.
- Diversity of contrast and adaptation: The game maps will evolve depending on the time of day (day, night, dawn, and twilight).
Internationally known for his trilogy Empire of the Ants, The Thanatonauts and more recently The Prophecy of Bees (2021), Bernard Werber has just released his new novel The Diagonal of the Queens.
Empire of the Ants will be available in 2024 for PC and consoles.
Wishlist the game now on Steam and PlayStation Store.