27 Sep Dive into the world of the master of suspense with Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo, now available on consoles
Can you trust your own mind?
Paris, September 27th, 2022 – Microids is pleased to announce Pendulo Studios’ latest narrative adventure game, Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo, is now available on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox One consoles, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch. It will launch on October 4th in North America. Loosely based on the famous director’s movie of the same name, Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo is a narrative experience, also available on PC (Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store).
Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo tells the story of Ed Miller, a writer who escaped unscathed from a car crash in Brody Canyon, California. Ed insists that he was traveling with his wife and daughter, though nobody was found in the car wreckage. Traumatized by the crash, Ed begins to suffer from severe vertigo. As he starts therapy, Ed will try to uncover the truth behind what really happened on that tragic day.
“We are very excited for console players to be able to play Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo, available in both digital and retail versions.” said Elliot Grassiano, COO of Microids. “We cannot wait to get players’ feedback on this thrilling adventure full of twists and turns!”
“Working on this new story, loosely based on the master of suspense’s movie of the same name, was a formidable achievement for us.” said Josué Monchan, Narrative Designer at Pendulo Studios. “Hitchcock has had a deep influence on all our games, whether through our characters or our stories. We envisioned this game as a tribute to his entire filmography, by including numerous references to his work, as well as multiple iconic Hitchcockian elements, such as his camera shots, his use of colors or his most recurring themes like obsession, confusion between illusion and reality, and madness.”
Check out the game’s Limited Edition!
The Limited Edition includes:
- The standard edition of the game for PS5, PS4, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S or Nintendo Switch
- The 48-page official artbook The Art of: Alfred Hitchcock- Vertigo and its digital version
- The game’s digital original soundtrack, composed by Juan Miguel Martín Muñoz (Blacksad, Yesterday Origins)
Additionally, a PC retail edition will also be exclusively available on Amazon and will include the content from the Digital Deluxe version:
- The game on PC (Steam code)
- A digital artbook
- The game’s original soundtrack (digital format)
- In-game filters
- Steam avatars of Ed, Julia, Nick, Faye and Petronius
- An exclusive, original story about obsession, memory, manipulation, and madness, loosely inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpiece, Vertigo
- Live a powerful narrative experience paying tribute to the visual and storytelling techniques of Hitchcock
- Investigate through the vision of three characters: everyone has a different story to tell
- Explore several timelines to cross-check the events and separate reality from deceptive memories
Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo is developed by Pendulo Studios, the successful team behind Runaway (2003), The Next Big Thing (2011), Yesterday (2012), Yesterday Origins (2016) and Blacksad: Under the Skin (2019). The game is available on PC (Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store), PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and Nintendo Switch, and will launch on consoles on October 4th in North America.
Embark on a disturbing investigation inside the human mind:
Truth is sometimes worse than madness…