30 Nov Revolution Software’s adventure game Beyond a Steel Sky is now available on consoles
Embark on a fascinating journey in cyberpunk Union City!
Paris – November 30, 2021 – Studio Revolution Software, creators of the popular Broken Sword series, and French publisher Microids, are delighted to announce that Beyond a Steel Sky is now available in Europe on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and Nintendo Switch.
From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind Watchmen, Beyond A Steel Sky is the spiritual successor to the classic Beneath a Steel Sky.
Discover the fascinating world of Union City with Beyond a Steel Sky’s brand new console launch trailer!
The console versions of the game feature new improvements, including 4K resolution on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions, and many gameplay enhancements such as controller vibration.
Beyond a Steel Sky stands as a thrilling story of loyalty and redemption set in an eerie and terrifying world of AI-driven social controls. Set a decade after the events of the first game, Beyond a Steel Sky immerses players once again in the captivating Union City – a dystopian cyberpunk city full of mysterious, sinister secrets.
With Dave Gibbons’s breathtaking comic book art style, the game is a hugely ambitious adventure which redefines the genre by allowing the player to subvert the world, populated by AI-driven characters, with interesting solutions to puzzles emerging from their actions.
“I am hugely excited that Beyond a Steel Sky has now released on consoles, courtesy of Microids. We have had the chance to substantially improve and enhance the game and I am thrilled with the result. After the critical acclaim on earlier formats, I can’t wait to hear the response from console gamers, whether they are new to the series or fans of the original.” says Charles Cecil, Founder and CEO of Revolution Software.
- A fascinating sci-fi world – An adventure set within a dynamic world, populated by willful characters driven by motivations that the player can subvert. In combination with a unique hacking tool, multiple solutions to puzzles emerge from player choices.
- A thrilling story full of humor – Unravel dark conspiracies, defeat a terrifying antagonist in this dramatic, humorous, cyberpunk thriller, which explores contemporary themes: social control, AI, and total surveillance.
- A unique 3D comic book art style – A beautifully detailed, comic-book styled world, from the mind of legendary comic artist Dave Gibbons.
- Ingenious puzzles – Intelligent puzzles are interwoven with an intriguing dramatic narrative to deliver a compelling gameplay experience.
Check out the game’s Beyond a Steel Book and Utopia Editions, now available!
The Beyond a Steel Book Edition contains:
- An Exclusive Steelbook® featuring comic artwork from Dave Gibbons
- The game on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles or Nintendo Switch
- The game’s Original Soundtrack (digital format)
- A Sticker Sheet
The Utopia Edition includes, in addition to all items available in the Beyond a Steel Book Edition:
- A Unique Collector’s Box
- An Exclusive Hologram Lamp
- A 50-page Mini Artbook
- 5 Holo-ad Cards
- Exchangeable Dog Tags (keychain & necklace)
- An Enamel Pin
- 2 XXL Premium Stickers
As a reminder, due to worldwide logistical issues and constraints beyond our control, the game’s release date has been postponed on some platforms in certain territories:
- In the UK, the digital Switch version is now available, and the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and retail Nintendo Switch versions will launch on December 7.
- In North America, the digital Switch version is set to release on December 7, and on December 14 on all other platforms for both retail & digital versions.
- In Australia & New Zealand, all digital versions are now available, and retail versions will come out on December 17.
In Europe, the game is available starting today on all platforms (digital & retail).
We apologize for the inconvenience for players eager to get their hands on the game, and we thank you for your understanding.