04 Oct Arkanoid Eternal Battle unveils highly anticipated Battle Royale mode in a new trailer
Arcade fans, rejoice! Check out the retro vibes in the sharp Limited Edition set!
Paris, October 4th, 2022 – Today, Microids is pleased to unveil the details of Arkanoid Eternal Battle‘s unique cross-play Battle Royale mode in a new trailer, as well as the content for the game’s Limited Edition package. Developed by talented studio Pastagames, Arkanoid Eternal Battle invites players to discover or rediscover the iconic block breaker in a fully modernized and revamped version where you can compete online with up to 25 players in the Eternal Battle mode.
Arkanoid Eternal Battle will launch on October 27 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One consoles, Xbox Series X|S and PC. In North America, the retail versions will be available on November 8th.
As a reminder, a playable demo of the game’s Battle Royale mode is available now on Steam!
Speaking of retail versions, players who feel deep nostalgia for the arcades of the ‘80s and ‘90s can now check out the content of the cool retro-looking Limited Edition package, which is already available for pre-order.
Discover the details of the game’s unique Battle Royale Mode: Eternal Battle in a brand-new trailer!
In the Eternal Battle mode, 25 players must compete in a scoring race where the winner is the very last one standing.
Players have infinite lives, but beware! Losing the energy ball decreases your score by 10%, and players with the lowest score will be eliminated at regular intervals.
Don’t worry though. You can save yourself from elimination by taking advantage of a signature Arkanoid feature: special powers. You will be granted access to an assortment of abilities, depending on your position in the race. Each one amounts to a strategic game-changer that, when used at the right time, can bring your competitors’ game to a crashing halt!
Here is a sneak peek at the effects these game-changing powers can have:
- Glitching your opponents’ screen to obstruct their vision for a few seconds
- Temporarily reducing the size of your opponents’ ReVaus (ship) down 50%
- Speeding up your enemies’ energy ball, making it harder to catch during a limited time
When only 4 players are left, the Eternal Battle enters its final stage. Your opponent becomes none other than DOH himself. Hit him as many times as you can to score some juicy extra points. Every 45 seconds, DOH will get rid of the player with the lowest score, so be sure to keep up the pressure until the end of the match! The player with the highest score at the end of this phase faces DOH alone. If you manage to defeat him, you’ll win the game.
Dive back into the 80’s Arcade frenzy with the game’s retro retail editions, already available for pre-order!
The Limited Edition includes:
- The full game for PS5, PS4 or Nintendo Switch
- A 3D lenticular
- A 16-page instructions booklet
- The original soundtrack (digital format)
- A sheet of stickers
- Exclusive in-game bonuses
Additionally, players who pre-order the retail version at participating retailers will get the Space Scout Pack, a set of exclusive digital bonuses including a dedicated in-game Arkanoid background and a series of frame layouts.
Arkanoid Eternal Battle marks the return of the emblematic block breaker game in a surprising, renewed version with 4 game modes:
- Retro: Teleport yourself in an old-school arcade parlor back in 1986 and enjoy the original game as if you were there!
- Neo: This solo mode expands on the classic gameplay with brand-new levels, a modern and stylish art direction & sounds as well as new unique blocks, bonuses and effects!
- Versus: Play locally with 2 to 4 players on the same screen!
- Eternal Battle: For the very first time, 25 players can challenge each other online in an exclusive Battle Royale mode! Use your power ups to gain advantage and aim at the top score to be the last one standing and win the game!